Is Grammarly A Scam OR is it the BEST Software that’s beyond just correcting your Grammar And Spelling?
I’m going to cut right to the chase and tell you the truth...Grammarly is NOT a Scam! Now that the cat's out the bag I need to admit something to you….
Hi My name’s Michael Granados and I’ve been a long-time happy user and customer of Grammarly who’s used it for everything you could imagine, and I’m going to reveal to you in this post how YOU can use it to perfect your writing, how’s that sound?
But before I get started let me ask you something...Did you know most writers fail to express there content appropriately because of horrific grammar errors? Yep, it’s true, and here are a few reasons why:
- They are rushing to publish their work
- They ONLY use their site’s built-in grammar editor(like WordPress, docs, etc)
- They don’t care enough about what others think of their content.
Good thing for you there’s a solution - Grammarly! Let’s get started, shall we?
What is Grammarly?
Grammarly is an Artificial Intelligence(AI) powered product designed to strengthen your every day writing and to help you say what you REALLY mean. And get this…
The Grammarly software’s writing assistant supports clean, mistake-FREE writing while offering suggestions that go way beyond grammar! (Which I’ll show you in a bit)
Here’s Grammarly’s Mission:
Going Inside Grammarly
Are you tired of old crummy technology that will eventually let you down?
Good news is Grammarly has cutting-edge technology and used innovative approaches - including advanced machine learning and deep learning - they are CONSISTENTLY breaking new grounds in NLP research to deliver you unrivaled assistance in their product offerings.
This is why Grammarly is recognized by Fast Company as one of the world’s most innovative AI Companies...EVER!
Grammarly’s Tone Detector
Did you know you can check the tone of your message before you send it out?
Doing this will reassure that your reader will react the way you expect based on your intended tone.
When I press on the “Show me more” blue hyperlink, I’ll get this page:
You can add this to your Google Chrome Menu as an extension but first, let me show you what’s underneath this image...
Whether you’re wanting to send out a friendly(but not informal) or concerned(but not angry), choosing your tone of voice wisely is your key to delivering an effective message to your audience.
With the special Tone Detector, you can identify your message with emojis before you hit send.
You haven’t even broken ground yet until you’ve realized you can use Grammarly suggestions to make your writing more clearer and your word choice more engaging, so you always looked polished and professional which also means people will respect you...faster!
Take Grammarly Wherever You Want Online
Do you have an email you want to send? How about a google doc you’re putting together? Or on your favorite social media channel?
Whichever online platform you’re on, you can use Grammarly effectively on ALL!
- Google Docs
- And so much more!
It’s kind of like having a saint over your shoulders watching everything you do and going everywhere you go, how precious is that?
As you can see from the image above, Grammarly has incredible credibility from companies like:
How Much Does Grammarly Cost?
The cool thing is you have a couple of plans to choose from to elevate your writing, and they are:
- FREE. For individuals. Costs NOTHING.
- Premium. For individuals:
- Monthly at $29.95/month
- Quarterly - billed at one payment of $59.95(at $19.98/month,save 33%)
- Annual - billed at one payment of $139.95($11.66/month, save 61%)
- Team Plan - Grammarly Business - billed annually. 3 members minimum at $12.50/month/member
- Business plan. At a cost of $10 per month for each member and the payment is billed on an annual basis. 3 members are required.
How To Add Grammarly To Google Chrome
In a few simple steps here's how you can add Grammarly for FREE to your Google Chrome extension bar:
STEP 1: Click on the “Add to Google Chrome, It’s Free” green button
STEP 2: Create Your Account
On my side of things, I’m directed to the “Grammarly is installed” page and I’m asked to create an account...yours could look different if you haven’t added the chrome extension yet.
And before I get to showing you your back office when you create an account, let me show you how your Grammarly Chrome Extension will look once added.
STEP 3: Your Grammarly Back Office
Once inside your back office, you’ll see a similar image to the one above. Here you will have different categories to select from:
- My Grammarly(Home Page)
- Log Out
In the middle section will appear all of your projects:
And yo can start a new project by either uploading a document or starting a new one. In this example, I’ll use the new document one and here’s what you’ll see once you click on it.
You can either copy and paste a written document you had somewhere else like Microsoft word, Google Docs, etc, or you can start writing there. I’ll add a couple of sentences to show you the power of it.
That’s some bad spelling! YIKES! Let’s correct it so you can stop hating on me 🙂
When I hover over the grammatical error words like “spelling”
On the right side, you’re going to get suggested spelling corrections along with the freedom to add the word(s) to your dictionary in case you feel Grammarly didn’t get it right(which rarely happens) or if you want to create your own dictionary you can do so too.
So once I select the correct spelling, then I can move on to the next one(s) or if that was it then you’re solid.
The cool thing about the Grammarly editor is that it’s like a Google Docs or Microsoft Word where you can add title tags, bold fonts as well:
- Check for plagiarism
- Get an expert
- And so much more!
Who’s Grammarly For?
Grammarly is for literally any beginner to an intermediate and expert writer who wants to create an irresistible piece of writing content with the right grammatical structure. It’s more specifically for:
- Authors who are piecing together their next book, ebook, or any other form of content and they want to go through a proper editing process to make sure all grammatical errors are fixed the first time
- A journalist who wants to double-check their work before it goes public and want the best software to make sure their words are written right and the tone makes sense
- Freelancers who are taking on clients or for their own business and need to go through a smoother editing process.
- Bloggers who want a faster and painless time editing their content before they publish it onto their WordPress website(or another platform) and also want to distribute their content to other platforms and need to double-check before they do.
- For Marketers who want to match their thoughts and creativity with the right use of words in the right orders and who are sharing their content on many types of platforms for best exposure.
- For Content Creators who are always adding value to their marketplace whether it’s through writing content. Making an art or use some form of software like Adobe and need to make sure their words are grammatically making sense
- For Business owners who have websites, funnels, or any form of content on and offline and needs to make it look attractive and easily readable
- Entrepreneurs who know that words are EVERYTHING and the difference between one word making sense and not is a huge margin and consequence.
- Affiliate Marketers
- Amazon FBA
- Network Marketers
Pros And Cons
- Very Super powerful Artificial Intelligence(AI) gets you great writing that’s simplified and ensures you won’t have to worry about having a single mistake at the end when you publish and look at your work.
- Special tone detector so you can have your reader react based on the RIGHT tone you intended which means you’re always going to draw emotion and climax in your content which will position with greater personality.
- Flexible sites to work with so you can have accuracy in every platform like Google docs, Word, Email, Social media and more which means you’re going to save more time and energy, finish your work faster and free up your time to spend it on the things you love doing.
- Intuitive back office so you can have options to enhance the look and appeal of your content which means you’re going to aspire your readers to make a stronger connection with you and have unique content in your market.
- There are really no cons and I’m not being biased here. The only thing I could think about is that you don’t have Grammarly yet!
There are many alternatives to Grammarly and I’d like to share just a couple with you and they are:
Although these are good alternatives, they are NOT on the same level as Grammarly whether that’s their free or paid plans. And like most people say “you get what you pay for” or “you get what you asked for”...
That’s something to keep in mind.
What I Liked Most About Grammarly
There's so much I liked about Grammarly I wouldn’t know where to start, but I’ll narrow it down and tell you JUST one thing…
It would be the super-powerful Artificial Intelligence writing assistant so you can get your communication out and feel confident that you’re putting your best foot forward. It’s kind of like having a guardian angel looking over your shoulder guiding you in the right direction...Even when you can’t see it!
Final Verdict: Is Grammarly A Scam?
Most definitely not. Grammarly is the BEST Artificial Intelligence-powered writing Assistant made to help you overcome your grammatical errors faster and more effectively than anything else you’re going to see out there.
With great writing being simplified, you’re going to compose bold, clear, and mistake-free writing...and that’s the powerful AI to thank for. Whether you are just checking your grammatical errors or checking the tone of your message…
Grammarly will put you on the front foot and keep your needs in mind. The best part is probably that is so versatile - you can literally use it on any platform and anywhere!
Just imagine this…
You're composing a piece of content together, you’re writing it’s rough draft not paying attention to your grammar at first sight. You take it through the next step which is the editing and run it through Grammarly’s Super powerful artificial; intelligence assistant and BOOM! You see all the words that need correction, and at first, you might think wow that’s a lot!
But in fact, you’re in relief because if you didn’t put it through Grammarly, you would have missed out on all of it, and if you did, your audience will read all the negative spelling errors and tones...leaving your content faster than they could say the word “done”. Thanks to Grammarly you won’t worry about that anymore! Your audience reads your post, they’re content with what they’re reading….
It causes them to take action. They even reach out to you to thank you for writing an amazing piece of content, and now you have raving fans who are waiting for your next masterpiece.