Is Melaleuca Wellness Company A Scam OR the largest online wellness shopping club on this planet?
I’ll cut right to the chase, Melaleuca IS Not a scam. Phew, are your nerves out? Hold on to them because what you’re about to see may shock you to your core.
Has someone sold you the “hey, you can work from home with Melaleuca” line? No doubt it’s possible, but here’s the better question…
“Is It Right for YOU?”
You’ll want to stick around with me on this one as I’m going to EXPOSE this company for who they are and share with you some ugly truths, pros and cons as well alternatives you are not going to see anywhere else!
Let’s get started.
What Is Melaleuca Wellness?
Melaleuca Wellness is a Multi-Level Marketing(MLM) or Network Marketing company that sells health and wellness products from Nutrition to personal care, home cleaning, and cosmetics.
It's one of the largest catalog and online wellness retailers in North America and is the largest manufacturer of consumer packaged goods in the Northwest! What is all this “Blah Blah Blah” really mean?
They took their products people were buying and turned their company into a Multi-Level Marketing business where you can become a member and run an online business from literally anywhere in the world, but hold on!
Most people fail MLM’s, they’re just not going to be worth your time, have a look at this statistic according to jobsinmarketing:
Only a small percentage of people really make any money in this business, plus did you know you’d spend most of your time just trying to recruit people rather than promoting the product(s)?
Yep, it’s true. Most MLM’s operate in two ways:
- Selling of the product
- Referring people(duplication) into the company and you make money off the sales they make.
Is that A Pyramid Scheme?
Not exactly. A Pyramid scheme by definition is when there is no product in the company to sell, instead, you’re just referring people into a program. These are illegal and shouldn’t be around yet there are so many of them online.
Before I show you more inside, would you rather just get done with it and find out the Better way of promoting products and services without:
- Having to recruit
- Fulfill customer support
- Hold inventory
- Be “techy”
And you can do it without having to pay upfront to join a program. If so check out my #1 Recommendation here.
Okay, let’s keep this baby moving.
Going Inside Melaleuca
Melaleucas Mission as stated is this:
They focus on 4 Keya areas of your health:
- Your Health
- Your Environment
- Your Finances
- Your Quality of Life
OVER 400 Exclusive Wellness Products
WOAH, right? I was just in as much disbelief as you are right now, but it gets even more bizarre, stick with me.
You get categories in:
- Personal Care
- Home Cleaning
Every product has been developed and manufactured to stand out from the rest of the competition.
Melaleuca Product Store
On this page you can search for products in each of the categories you saw earlier above and I’d be here for hours trying to cover them all, but who has time for that, right?
So I made a shortlist of the Best Sellers:
- Peak Performance Women
- Peak Performance Total Longevity
- Safe and Mighty Toilet Bowl Cleaner
- Tough and Tender
- Tub and Tile
- Vitality Calcium
- And so many more
Melaleuca Ingredient Philosophy
I have to admit, they have quality products and it shows why they are even still around in business and get so much attention. They rely on innovative scientific research to “identify and amplify” the many benefits of naturally based ingredients and use those discoveries made to create products that outperform national brands.
Their Smarter Choice Philosophy
Ingredients They Don’t Use
- Chlorine Bleach
- Quaternary Disinfectants
Ingredients they do use
- Citric Acid
- Thyme Oil
- Melaleuca Oil
- Glycolic Acid
- Sodium Citrate
- Essential Oils
What Are Others Saying About Melaleuca?(Melaleuca Reviews)
Here's some from Trustpilot:
How Much Does Melaleuca Cost To Join?
If you thought FREE, I’m sorry - you actually end up having to pay upfront $19 plus tax. This is the annual fee but you can always pay it off once you start making money.
This is how just about every MLM company operates so it’s not surprising to see you have to pay a fee before.
Turn out there’s more to pay too!
You have to remain active with 35 product points every month to keep your account! And that can cost you as little as $50 per month.
So here’s the math:
$19 +$50 or so x 12 months = $820!
That’s relatively cheap compared to starting a brick and mortar business, but still A LOT.
Melaleuca Compensation plan
I swear, every MLM company has a complex and weird compensation plan and Melaleuca is no different, you get 10 of them, 10!
- Product Introduction Compensation
- The Quality Consumer Bonus
- Personally enrolled Customer Commission
- Organization Commissions
- Career/Value Pack Commission
- One-Time Advancement Bonus
- Advanced Payout Bonus
- The Leadership Development Bonus
- Director Development Incentive
- Monthly Car bonus
Who Is Melaleuca Wellness For?
This MLM company was made for people who have a desire to promote quality health and wellness products with well over 400 to choose from in many categories and doesn’t mind having to recruit people into the system.
- 9-5 workers who are sick and tired of just having one income stream or wanting to leave and who wants a side-hustle, part0time and even full0time work from home or anywhere business
- Aspiring network marketers who want to learn the skills of marketing and effective communication
- Health advocates who have a passion for helping people live healthier lives
Who’s It Not For?
- People who don’t want to deal with an MLM, having to recruit all day long, promoting products rarely ever and to the right people.
- People who want fast cash
- People who don’t want to get stuck paying to be apart of a company and feeling stuck with just those products available.
Pros And Cons
- 400+ Products to choose from so you can find the right one(s) for you and in the right category which means you’ll be more inspired to actually promote them and get the word out there about them.
- Smarter ingredients that are healthier for people and the environment so you can feel happy and subconsciously secure knowing you’re doing much more for the customer than just giving them a product, you’re giving them the healthiest life they can have.
- Since 1985 they’ve been around so you can have confidence, certainty, and belief in a company that’s been around for this long which means you’ll feel more motivated to help out.
- Over 1 Million shoppers every month so you don’t have to worry about selling your product(s) which means you'll always have people buying from you and making you sales!
- An MLM company where you have to pay upfront and the cost to stay in is even greater. At the end of it, you fork out hundreds of dollars for the year
- Will be harder to sell these types of products like especially the cleaning ones because people are always looking for a cheaper alternative.
Good news, you don’t have to be stuck with Melaleucas products or apart of their MLM program, here are some better options:
These are great companies to join where you’re not in an MLM, rather you are part of a business model where you get commissions from just the products you refer people to, and that's called Affiliate Marketing.
When I found out you can get paid what you’re worth WITHOUT having to pay upfront and you can earn great commissions, I looked no further than this business model.
By the way, I made a post where you can check out the 15+ Best Health Nutrition Affiliate Programs Here.
What I Liked Most About Melaleuca
- They've been around since 1985 which shows they are a force in the market and have a better competitive advantage over other places
- They are priced higher which in this case is a good sign of quality products.
- CEO Frank L. VaderSloot who has great leadership
- Melaleuca has been ranked on Inc. Magazine's list of the nation's fastest-growing privately held-firms.
- Over 400 products to choose from
- Have different ways you can earn.
What I Didn’t Like
- It's an MLM. You have to spend your time recruiting people to really make money.
- Complex earning structure
- Complaints from many people
- Pay to be apart
- Expensive high rise costs for the year
- Shady people promoting them…
On that shady note, I recently discovered another program Called Cowboy Wealth I did a review for here that is disguised as a “home-business” opportunity but pushes people to Melaleuca. It’s sad what people are doing to get people to sign up these days.
Final Verdict: Is Melaleuca Wellness A REAL Scam? (And Next Steps)
No. Melaleuca is a well-established Multi-Level Marketing program with over 400 health and wellness products you can choose from to purchase and or promote to earn money with.
I really do believe they have your best self-interest at heart but like an MLM program, they care more about recruiting people and making sure you pay upfront before they show you what they are really about...and at least for me, I’m not about that.
If you’d rather save your money and time, but are still interested in promoting health and wellness products, take it from someone who’s doing it right now….
I own a health and wellness online business where I help people with lower back pain(not joking, click here to see), and I can promote any health product I wish…
And If you'd like to learn from a full-time online earner how you can make it possible for you, then click the button down below to get started.