Can you see yourself making a HUGE income blogging and or Vlogging?
What is the difference between a blog and a vlog though? Let me tell you…
A Blog is a place where people use the “written word” and their writing skills to create articles on specific topics and niches, and Vlogging is where people create videos to show and explain everything in a mixture of video and text sometimes too. Bloggers share their content on platforms like WordPress and Vloggers share their experiences through YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, etc.
Are you still unsure which one is best for you and YOUR needs? Don’t worry, I “Michael Granados” a blogger and vlogger will be pulling back the curtains for you and showing you how to share your UNIQUE talents and expertise with the world so you can make a deep impact, make MORE money that’ll free up your time to do what you want when you want, and how to eventually free yourself from the 9-5 life, how’s that sound?
Cool, but Before I move forward I have to reveal a secret no one else is willing to tell you, want to hear it? Did you know over 80% of people who start a blog or vlog fail within the first 3 months...miserably?
Yep, it’s true. Here are the main problems I’ve seen over my time:
- They “Wing” It
- They have no PROVEN formula
- They have no mentorship!
Luckily for you, that’ll be far away from your concern as I’ll show you how to avoid the COSTLY mistakes, wasting your time, energy, money, and how to avoid all the mental and physical frustrations, Okay?
Let’s get started!
Why Blog And Or Vlog?
Listen, other than earning a HIGH amount of income(which I’ll show you how in a bit), Blogging and Vlogging are VERY therapeutic, here’s what I mean.
Have you ever felt a clutter in your mind? How about stress and overwhelm? Feeling stuck in your own mind is kind of like being caged at home while there’s a virus going on outside...OH WAIT! There is, it’s called COVID-19!
Point is, when You focus on blogging or vlogging, you get to put your thoughts down in written language or the spoken word and YOU get this un-human tingling feeling in your mind and body that screams back out to you:
“GIVE ME MORE!”
You reward your mind with a release of dopamine, and endorphins unlike any other experience(Seriously), and you almost get into this sort of a meditative feel. Especially when blogging and you get more:
I’m sure you didn't know that, right? Take it from someone(me) who’s blogged and vlogged for many years, that you too can take on this form.
Anyways, enough of the wax on wax off Karate Kid Metaphors
Blogging vs Vlogging Content
- Case Studies
- Product Reviews
- live demos
- How to's
Pros And Cons
- Build a HIGHLY Profitable blog that can potentially make you $1,000's+ per month and passive, recurring income.
- Put all your thoughts down on "paper" so you can feel more relieved of your anxiety, stress, overwhelm, etc. which means you'll be able to breathe much better and have a high level of awareness and productivity.
- You can be "behind the brand" so you can still get the rewards of building a strong reputation and authority but without having to be on camera/voice which means you'll feel even more comfortable producing content for years to come.
- Place affiliate links inside of your posts, newsletters, lead magnets and more so you get sales, leads, and build an attractive all-around blog which will ensure your visitors come back for more.
- If you don't like to write or feel like it'll be your strong point, then maybe it's not for you.
- Takes time(like 6+ months) to build proper authority with the search engines.
- You get to make people "feel" who you are and they get to see and feel what you are presenting to them in a more visualistic manner which means you'll build a faster relationship and trust with people.
- You will build a personal brand much faster so you can get people to refer you to others and they can keep coming back to buy from you and not your competitors which means you'll have raving fans for life!
- Faster ranking than Google Blogging so you can get visitors and more views sooner rather than later which means you can have more people clicking on your links in the description to go purchase your product, opt in to lead magnet or more.
- Loads of content creation template ideas so you don't have to worry about getting bored or stuck about the next video you'll make, which means you'll make content for years to come on things like myths, misconceptions, testimonials, demos, and so much more!
- YouTube Live so you can connect with your audience much more closely and intimately which means you'll have people who believe in you and want to consume all your content and material.
- If you don't feel comfortable on camera or at least right now, then YouTube will probably not be the right place for you to at least start.
Let me show you the BEST places to start your journey, are you ready for the fun stuff?
Best Blogging Platform For YOU
Have you ever fantasized the idea of being placed on the first page of Google’s search results?
Cool thing is when you write a blog post with the best open-source blogging platform for Bloggers “WordPress”, you will get A LOT of love from Google and eventually give your blog posts to rank on the first page of their search engine! Why does this matter?
For one, You will get people searching on Google and other search engines, and let’s say for example you wrote about a topic in dogs and your title is “Best dog treats for poodles”...
The person searching on Google has a problem and wants to know the best dog treats for their poodle, and when they type and press enter in Google’s search, guess who will pop up?
Not a moment after, they press on your article, they read your post, and then at the end decide to take an action by clicking on what’s known as an “Affiliate link” and they make a purchase on the best dog treat for their poodle, and BAM! You make the commission! $10 in your pocket, or $50, $100, and more!
This is called “Affiliate Marketing”. You can simply promote other people’s products and services WITHOUT owning your own product(s)! Pretty cool, right? There are literally MILLIONS of companies like:
...That have an affiliate program you can sign up to and get access to promote their products and services, and you don’t have to have:
- Technical experiences
- Know how to work a website
- Be on your computer for hours
- Be this master coder
Nope, none of that!
Related: List of affiliate programs to make you $1,000's+ online
How To Get Started(Faster And With Ease)
Over my years, I’ve learned my fair share of lessons - making mistake after mistake, failing, thinking that I could just follow YouTube videos and other blogs and I’d be making money FAST, but OH was I wrong…
I started a health and wellness blog in the lower back pain space on a free website with Weebly, then there was Webnode, I tried out places like Squarespace and Even Wix but ONE thing was common…
I couldn’t get people to find and read my blog posts! YIKES! After 2 months I thought I was done, until the very next day I learned something new…
You couldn’t just start a blog on a free platform and write the minimum amount of content and expect a huge return, you needed a step-by-step process, and when I got into research mode again on Google I came across a Course called Wealthy Affiliate that changed it all.
Best Vlogging Platform
Did you know YouTube is the world’s most video searched platform?
Yep, it’s true, and here are a few main reasons why:
- Youtube has 2-billion logged-in monthly users according to Hootsuite
- 73% of adults in the U.S use YouTube
You will have a much easier, fast, and fun time making YouTube videos than in any other platform because its’ a search engine owned by Google which means just like a blog, YOUR video can pop up on the first page results like the ones I have here:
If you combine YouTube videos or any other video platform with a blog, you will see a spike in conversions - More leads, More SALES!
5 Step Vlogging Formula For ULTIMATE Success
What if you made a video, posted it on YouTube, and let it sit there?
Just like the picture above, you’re going to dust and strike a ghost town!
So to help you out, I have 5 steps you MUST take to ensure vlogging success.
STEP 1: Research Your Targeted Keyword
STEP 2: Organize Your Content Structure
STEP 3: Make The Video
STEP 4: Post The Video
STEP 5: Optimize Your Video
Want to see my #1 recommended mentor to learn YouTube From? Click here.
Tools You Need For Vlogging
- Keyword Tool Optimizer
- Tubebuddy and or VidIQ
- Phone camera, inexpensive camera
- Clear microphone
- Proper Lighting
- Thumbnail optimizer(optional)
Do you really need all these tools at the start? No. You can start the way most people do and I have which is with your Cell phone. You can easily use your smartphone to record a video and then upload it to YouTube without having to pay several hundreds of dollars for expensive tools.
One of my earliest videos came from my phone and here it is:
And eventually the transformation to using my computer.
Pretty interesting to see, right?
Will A Blog Or Vlog Cost You More?
I would say a Vlog in the long-run will cost you more because eventually, you’ll want a clearer sound, lighting that fits the look of your video, a better camera so you have clarity, and other tools like:
- Thumbnail optimizers courses
- Keyword premium tools
- Video enhancement programs like Adobe, etc.
With a blog, you will likely spend on a Domain and hosting with an inexpensive course to start so you have the right mentorship to help you earn an income if that’s the way you’re thinking about going.
- The domain is about $11.99
- Hosting is about $40-$100+ Per year
- Keyword research tool can be free and as much as $100+ for the premium version
Having a blog is really inexpensive and a very popular way to start your content marketing journey.
Click Here To See My #1 Recommended Platform(Start For FREE!)
Will Vlogs Replace Blogs?
Video is the biggest thing taking place right now and for a while, many people speculated it would COMPLETELY replace blogging but it hasn’t! Here’s why…
People like you and I still prefer to read the “written word” and get our information by reading as opposed to watching a video, plus…
There will be times a person watches a video and then looks in the description of the video to click and go read the blog version for things like:
- Proof - Social, Income, etc.
- Features and Benefits
- A more analytical purchasing decision
- And so much more!
How many times have you watched a video, clicked in the description, and went over to read a post?
You can make the claim that there is more competition now than ever and MILLIONS of blog posts exists on the internet with (stat on how many blog posts per day), but that’s okay, this just means you have to focus on more Quality of your work and less on Quantity to a certain degree.
Final Verdict: And The Winner Is…
The Best One For YOU! My best advice is to take a deep look at yourself and ask:
“What Kind of Content Do I Prefer Doing? Text or Videos?”
Let me put it this way, would you prefer sitting behind a desk writing long articles on any topic you want because you’re more confident in writing? Or because you don’t want to put your face out there?
OR do you prefer standing up or sitting down in front of a camera and delivering content through video with your face, voice, on-screen sharing, and more?
Listen, for some people, it’s more difficult to put themselves in front of a camera than writing content with a keyboard, and that’s why they start with blogging(it’s what I did).
In the end, I recommend you TRY both! Why? People love a mix of the two forms and each will have their place but also for helping you convert your readers and watchers into raving fans that’ll follow you until the very end...
Keep coming back to consume your content, and smile because you went FULL-OUT for them and really cared about how they consume information and get their problems solved. Thus, this will turn your audience eventually into paying customers, that is what you want, right?
With Your multiple traffic channel strategies, you’ll be able to acquire more traffic meaning more attention, and the more attention you get the more you’ll become an authority faster and people will buy from you and not your competitors!
If you’d like to get started with vlogging you can click here to get the right training for it, and if you’d like to start blogging, I have a challenge for you…
what did you think about today's post? Do you have any questions and or need any further help? Feel free to leave me a comment down below and I'll get back to you ASAP!