Is Teachable A Scam? Instructors Have Earned More Than $500 Million?
How would you like to get paid A LOT sharing what you know?
Is Teachable A Scam or an ALL-IN-ONE platform that helps you create and sell courses online?
I “Michael Granados” am going to cut right to the chase and tell you the truth - NO Teachable is not a scam! It’s actually one of the best platforms to create your special online course and sell it to people who NEED your help, but here’s the thing…
Will you take the call?
If you want to package your ideas, creativity, and expertise into a full-blown sexy course that’ll make you money now and for the long-term(passively too), then you’re gonna want to hang around because you’re about to discover how to finally create the life YOU want and to live in best on YOUR terms. How’s that sound?
Let’s get started.
What is Teachable?
Teachable is an ALL-IN-ONE Platform that helps you effectively create and sell courses online without even having any experience. The cool thing is Teachable handles everything from web hosting to payment processing and they help keep you focused on what matters most - creating awesome online courses.
Going Inside Teachable
I’d like to reveal to you the 4 simple steps to getting started with Teachable but first let’s take a look inside, Okay?
On the home page you’re going to see a page that looks like this:
Teachable mentions you can share what you know and to transform your know-how business into a thriving knowledge business for many years to come.\
Here’s the 3 step formula:
STEP 1: Easy as it gets.
STEP 2: Teach The Way YOU Want To Learn(Not Someone else like your boss, if you have one)
STEP 3: The Small Matter Of Getting Paid
Teachable compares itself to being one of the greats like the master of hand letting, the Artisole of coding, the authority of drone flying - From online courses to coaching and beyond, this is where creative entrepreneurs will build their future empire.
Teachable Features AND Benefits
- Customization. This is as easy as it gets, your online business should look like YOU so Teachable has made customization painless so that you can focus on easy-to-use features and fewer tech headaches.
You can do the following:
- Use Teachables domain to connect to your own
- Customize your online school experience.
- Use the tools you want to use
- Know your numbers
- Sell, sell, sell, and sell some more
- Make it a team effort
- Learning Tools. YOU get to teach the way you want to learn.
- You get unlimited EVERYTHING which means what? Let’s just say unlimited bandwidth, unlimited courses and coaching services, and UNLIMITED students on ALL paid plans so you can have the flexibility and upload more data which means your course(s) are going to blow your audience out of their mind and they will never run out of content.
- Talk to your student's live. Have you ever thought about running an on-on-one or group coaching sessions with easy-to-build milestones, call, hosting, and task features? Well whether you did or not guess what? Yes, you get ALL that! This will ensure you add a “personal touch” feel to your work and you can build stronger relationships which means you’ll retain your customers for longer and sell to them over and over and over...well you get the point, right?
- Schedule and host. You can seamlessly take your clients from booking to intake to even scheduling and learning with Teachable’s native integrations with Calendly and Zoom.
- Create success stories. You’ll get to engage with your students unlike anywhere else and ever before with quizzes and course completion certificates and ensure transformation with course compliance controls that require close completion to move on.
- Get Fundamental and Instrumental Feedback. Teachable plays nicely with others' meaning - they use third-party forms and surveys to easily gather student feedback so you can EXACTLY know what your audience and customers want and are missing out on which means you won’t make the mistake of building this course with “fluff” and no substance.
- Spin Up Support. You’ll be able to easily integrate with Zapier to take your support to the next level(I’m talking game-changing stuff!) with Zendessk, Olark, Intercom, and others!
- Monetization. This is where all your work begins to pay off and you will shine.
- Flexing pricing options. You can offer coupons and advanced pricing options including subscriptions, memberships, one-time payments, bundles, and more.
- Get The Word Out. You can use Teachasbles affiliate marketing tools to easily and quickly help others spread the word out about your business(and pay them too!)
- Go Global and get paid. Teachable accepts international payment in 130+ currencies. Plus they offer PayPal and mobile pay for your online school and coaching services.
- Follow YOUR Money. You’ll get conversion pixel support, author and affiliate payouts, first and last touch attribution - Teachable handles all that so you don’t have to worry about figuring it out for yourself.
- No tax troubles. When you sell through Teachable’s gateways, they take care of EU VAT.
- Hosting And Security. Teachable takes your business seriously, that’s why they keep a killer fraud team on staff to fight off bad guys on your behalf. Here’s what comes with it:
- Seamless hosting to protect your data
- You actually own your data
- 24/7 monitoring so outages don’t know you out
- Instant upgrades. No waiting around for the latest features to come out.
- A 2048-bit SSL certificate to keep your student's information secure during login and checkout.
- Teachable ONLY works with payment providers that are PCI level-1 compliant so you and your student's data is safe and secure.
What Other People Are Saying
How Much Does Teachable Cost?
I just want to throw this out there in the beginning and say you get UNLIMITED courses and student loans on ALL paid plans! There are monthly and annually costs, and I’ll start with the annual(which I feel is best)
- Basic. At $29 per month - billed annually
- Pro. At $99 per month - billed annually
- Business. At $249 per month - billed annually
For Monthly Pricing:
- Basic. At $39 per month
- Pro. At $119 per month.
- Business. At $299 per month.
Included in all plans are:
- Unlimited video
- Unlimited courses
- Unlimited Hosting
- Integrated payment processing
- Student Management
- Lecture comments
- Basic Quizzes
- No fees on free courses
- VAT(value-added tax) for EU
If you’re still not sure which plan is best for your business you can contact the sales department and or Take Teachable for a test run
Did you know you could expand your skill sets with some of the best online courses from Teachable creators?
Yep, it’s true, check it out:
Scroll down a bit and you’ll see the different courses you can choose from:
Yes these are paid but NOT all are - and if you’re anything like me, you’d like to check out the free stuff first:
Who’s Teachable For?
Teachable was creators for creators who want to share their message/expertise with the world through the form of an online course and get paid very well doing it. It's also for:
- 9-5 worker bees who want to finally do something about their situation of working for someone else and get to the point of eventually leaving their job to work from home and anywhere else!
- For small and large businesses who want to add another stream of income through courses and want to educate people about how they can help people in a more intimate and interactive setting
- For Marketers who want to make a deeper connection, impact, and sales by sharing their knowledge through a course.
- For Entrepreneurs who want to diversify their level of impact and bundle their coaching/consulting in their area of expertise.
- Affiliate Marketers
- Network Marketers
- Amazon FBA
- Digital Agency
- And so much more!
Teachable Pros And Cons
- Very fast course creation so you can have an amazing looking and performing course in just minutes so you can have everything you need to create and sell online courses and coaching which means you won’t have to stress and have ANY tech skills to get going.
- Unique POV content creation so you can show off your brand's unique points with the customization tools and to curate and personalize your content which means you’re going to be unlike anyone else competing in your space thus you attract more people to sell impact and sell too.
- You get your money taking care of with the Teachable payment system so you don’t have to worry about payouts, taxes, affiliates, and authors, which means you can focus on the things in your business that matter most and even free up more of your time to enjoy your life.
- You get an award-winning support team so you can ALWAYS get the help you need at all times(24/7) which means you’re going to have more energy, save more time, and have more clarity in your professional, physical, and personal life because of this.
- I really don’t think there are any cons and I’m not being biased here, but because Teachable is the best course creation platform there is...by far! I guess the one thing I can say is that you haven’t gotten started yet.
What if you didn’t want to go with Teachable because of the price or for other features that you don’t like or didn’t need?
Don’t worry, I have you covered! Check out these Teachable alternatives:
What I Liked Most About Teachable
There’s so much I liked about Teachable but if I had to narrow it down to just ONE thing…
That would be the amazing looking and best selling sales pages you can make with the flexible page editor, and why?
Do you want to make more sales? A sales page is really important for your audience to see because it focuses on overcoming your future customer's false beliefs, pain, problems, fears, desires, needs…
And with a fully customizable sales page template, you can get a head start so that You can craft the right sales page that’ll convert your audience into customers faster and easier.
Final Verdict: Is Teachable A REAL Scam?
Definitely not. Teachable is a legitimate platform that helps you share your idea and knowledge with the world in a specialized format - through a course.
You’ll be able to transform your experience and know-how into a thriving knowledge business that’ll be around for many years to come so you can build a legacy with impact and money!
Just imagine this…
Having your course launched to the online web for your audience to see it. You put it in front of your dream customers and when they see the sales page, their jaws drop. They read through your sales page and in just a matter of moments are pulling out their wallet or purse, get out their credit card, and purchase. Now imagine this, they go through your content, read and watch every video thoroughly, and they look so much and you help solve the problems that they reach out to you to say Thank You.
Your eyes open up widely as a surprise that you just got real recognition and you use this as fuel to keep you motivated and pushing you to create even greater content.
Your current audience base then begins to refer other people to your course and you’re now getting Free traffic without having to work hard for it like with Google search engine traffic, YouTube channels, Podcasts, Social Media, and more!
Are you going to make it happen or keep letting time pass by and let someone else take your unique opportunity?