How would you like to learn to develop skills that can make you $1,000’s of dollars a day and be able to develop into a greater human being?
This Ultimate Skillshare vs Masterclass battle royal will show you how to achieve extraordinary results and how you can erase the troubles in your life in these unprecedented times of worry, not sure if you’ll have a job tomorrow, or rely on the government to bail you out, so listen closely…
I “Michael Granados” will finally give you a clear cut answer to what these two Learning platforms are, the differences, pros and cons, alternatives, and more so you can move forward with 100% confidence and certainty knowing you will be able to develop new skills to apply into a new career or for just binge-watching to prepare you for more freedom, time, and an income like you would have never imagined.
Alright, let’s get into it.
First of all, I want to break up the differences between what Skillshare and Masterclass are if you’re confused, so starting with the definitions of each...
What Is Skillshare?
Skillshare is an online learning community holding thousands of classes for creative and curious people on topics like:
- And more!
On skillshare, you can learn from people who’ve already mastered a specific skill in a topic you’re interested in learning more from.
What Is Masterclass?
Masterclass is very similar to Skillshare but you get to learn from teachers that are “Leading” professionals in the world, and you learn about things like:
- Failures and
Difference Between Skillshare and Masterclass
- Skillshare is like YouTube where anyone can upload online classes on a specific skill, and the quality is amazing and is more geared towards hobbies, passions, skills.
- Masterclass is very similar to Skillshare in the fact that they also gravitate towards hobbies, passions, and skills, but the teachers are “Leading” experts in the world so you know what you’re learning is top class.
One of the ways I use Skillshare and masterclass these days is like this…
I leveraged Skillshare to build a legitimate online business that now brings me over $1,000+ per month on autopilot, but I also combined it with other programs for better results, like the one I have listed below.
Thereafter, I combined it with Masterclass down the road to get more knowledge in my fields of interest like online marketing/Entrepreneurship among many more to see how to improve and get inspired to take more action.
Now let’s break down each platform apart.
Going Inside Skillshare
Here's what you’ll find on the home page:
If you scroll down a bit you’ll see the different categories that could fascinate you:
- Photo and Film
- Business Writing
For example, we can go into the "Business" section...
click on one here are the topics and instructors to learn from:
- Make Creativity Your Career - Andy J. Pizza
- Building a career in illustration - Cat Coquillete
- Building an Etsy shop that sells - Parker Gard
- Productivity with Evernote - Lindsey C. Holmes
- The Staples of Branding - Jeff Staple
- Discovering Success - Emma Gannon
- Productivity Today - Kevin Siskar
- Branding For Entrepreneurs - Cyndi Ramirez - Fulton
- Presentation Essentials - Simon Sinek
- Personal Branding - Kate Arends
- Be Your Own Boss - Martina Flor
- Pricing Your Work - Peggy Dean
Let’s pick “Be Your Own Boss”
On this page, you’ll get an introduction video on what to expect inside the course. Marina’s 13 lessons are:
- Lesson 1: Introduction
- When is the Right Time?
- The Right Mindset: Pros and Cons
- Being Your Own Client
- Showcasing Your Work
- Your Bio - How I Introduce Myself
- Finding Clients
- Do I Need An Agent?
- Building An Audience
- Pricing Your Work
- Developing A Creative Belief
- Creating A Professional Work Process
- How Do I Get Better?
Underneath the video you will see this:
You get tabs like:
- Projects and resources
Here’s what people are saying about this class”
Talking about this topic brings back memories of when I first started my path to becoming my own boss…
I didn’t want to continue being a slave to the 9-5 system and rely on other people to control how much I made, plus I was sick and tired of having very little at the end of the month after the bills were paid and so forth, I’m sure you can relate…
So I just knew there had to be a better way to have full control over what I make and keep, be able to work from home and live life on my own terms so I went full throttle and started my own online business…
And I began to learn how you could make money promoting other people’s products and services without having to own your own! Shocked and confused…
I looked into more deeply and came to find that people were making $1,000’s+ per month all from the comfort of their own home or wherever, and I had to hop on board - Fast forward years later, I’ve become free of my 9-5.
If that’s something you’d like to learn more about click here(link)
Back on the home page, scroll towards the middle and you will be able to browse classes:
When you click on the “Browse Classes” button, here’s what you’ll see:
Here you can browse any topic and classes inside Skillshare, and you’re given three navigation topics on the left side of the screen to select from:
Let’s take Marketing on this one
Scroll down and you’ll get to see:
- Featured Marketing Classes
- Popular Marketing Classes
- Trending Marketing Classes
So if you’re someone who wants to learn about marketing which I strongly recommend you do if you would like to get into an online business, all the classes are here.
How Much Does SkillShare Cost?
Skillshare is FREE to join for the first 14 days, thereafter you have a couple of plans to choose from:
- $8.25/mo - $99 billed annually
- $19.00/mo - Billed monthly OR
- $5.78/mo - $69.30 billed annually($99/year after that)
Who Is Skillshare For?
Skillshare was made for people who want top-quality courses and teachers to learn from so you can advance in a hobby, passion, and or interest to grow a new career or an existing one too.
- Beginners who want to explore their passions, interests, hobbies without having a structured course sequence and learning limitations
- Beginners with aspirations to become more than what they currently are and don’t want to settle for average
- Moms and dads
- And so much more!
Pros And Cons
- High-quality courses so you can feel worthy and confident the classes will be knowledgeable and even fun to go through which means you’ll enjoy taking action on what you’re learning.
- FREE 30-day trial so you can go through some of the courses and lessons to realize if it’s worth pursuing which means you won’t have to waste a lot of time and money upfront!
- Reasonable costs at a premium at $15/mo or you can pay the annual of close to $100 but at $15, you can’t beat that which means you’ll save more money and cancel whenever you want to if need be.
- Amazing workshops so you can visually be thrilled with what you’re learning and get the most creative juice out of you which means you’ll unlock parts of you that you didn’t know were even there.
- Browsing Quality which means when you look for a course it’s hard to determine the quality of it - on places like Udemy you can see how many students are enrolled, star reviews, bestselling, all the things that make it easier to make a decision if the course is worth pursuing.
- Different teaching styles and quality may be a downside for you if you don’t like a certain instructors philosophies
- The instructors are not vetted which means anyone can upload a course on Skillshare! So you have to be careful at times who and what you’re learning from.
- Fewer business classes than places like Udemy. Udemy is known to have an array of business courses, so that’d be a great place in addition.
- You don’t own the courses. This is common with subscription-based companies like Netflix, and Amazon, but I want to keep the course, not get it taken away when I stop my subscription
Going Inside Masterclass
Inside Masterclass, you can get over 90+ classes over 9 categories from the world’s greatest minds in their expertise in areas like:
- Arts and Entertainment
- Sports and Gaming
- Home And Lifestyle
- Design and Style
- Community and Government
- Science and Tech
Since I already used the example of Business in the Skillshare demonstration, let’s try something different like Food, okay?
So if you click on “Food” you’ll get highlighted areas on the people in this industry, but to take it a level deeper, if you scroll down this page you’ll find the “Our Class Categories” section
Here we can click on “Food” and get a better view of the instructors:
- Gabriela Camara
- Gordon Ramsay
- Aaron Franklin
- Thomas Keller
- Massimo Bottura
- More Gordon Ramsay
- Wolfgang Puck
- Lynnette Marrero and Ryan Chetiyawardana
- Alice Waters
- More Thomas Keller
- Dominique Ansel
- James Suckling
- More Thomas Keller
- Yotam Ottolenghi
- Ron Finley
I showed an example of Gordon Ramsay's section in my official in-depth Masterclass review here but let’s try out Thomas Keller(the first one)
Scroll down and you’ll get an introduction video from Thomas himself with the lesson plan on your right-hand side
His lesson plan is:
- Getting Started: Meat Cuts and Quality
- Saute: Chicken Pallard
- Saute: Wiener Schnitzel
- Fried Chicken
- Technique: Over Roasting Overview
- Pan Roasting: Duck Breast
- Pan Roasting: Cote de Boeuf
- Oven Roasting: Chicken
- Oven Roasting: Blowtorch Prime Rib Roast
- Technique: Braising and Braiasig a la Matignon
- Braising: Pork Shoulder a la Matignon
- Braising: Red Wine Braised Short Ribs
- Grilling on a Hibachi: Steak, Lamb Chops, and Proteins
- Stocks, Broths, and Jus: An Overview
- Roasted Veal Stock
- Light Chicken Stock
- Sauces: An Overview
- Vinaigrette, Emulsified Vinaigrette, Sauce Vinaigrette
- Chicken Veloute and Sauces Supreme
- Brown Chicken Quick Sauce
I am really hungry now! Aren’t you?
Give me a minute so I can go grab something to snack on haha. Okay, I can wait, let’s keep going.
From the same page, you’re on you can scroll down and explore other classes either in the same area or a different one:
Scroll down a little and you can for FREE try some of the classes to sample:
What’s In Every Masterclass Subscription?
Before I reveal the pricing, the Masterclass subscription comes with:
- All 90+ classes and categories
- Audio-only lessons
- Download and watch offline
- PDF workbooks for every class
- Watch on your desktop, phone, or TV
- New classes added every month
What Other People Are Saying…
Masterclass offers you two subscription options:
- An all-access pass for $180 per year. With this all-access pass, you can watch the entire catalog of content at any time on any device.
- You can buy a single pass for a single class which costs $90. You’ll get several hours of video, plus whatever workbooks and additional materials come with the class you choose. Considering that kind of cost, it’s best to go for annual, even if you’re unsure you’ll want more classes.
Who’s Masterclass For?
Masterclass was made for people who want to not only learn from experts in their field but to take that knowledge and take action in your life so you too can make a career out of your hobby, passion, or interest.
- Beginners who want to learn a new skill or develop an existing one by taking advantage of the best experts in 9+ categories with over 90 lessons so you can use that for a new career or just to take up a hobby.
- 9-5 employees who want to transition to a new field and want to further advance their skills in a hobby, passion, or interest.
- Life long learners who are not comfortable settling for average and always want a new challenge.
- Aspiring Entrepreneurs and home business owners who want more freedom, time, and to live life on their own terms
- Moms and Dads
- And much more!
Pros And Cons
- 90+ of the world’s best minds so you can have the best expertise available in any category to learn from which means you’ll be able to master a skill(or more) in no time
- You can learn from anywhere at any time and at your own pace so you don’t have to feel rushed or stuck to one device which means you’ll have more freedom and comfort to not only learn but take proper action
- Download and watch offline so you don’t have to worry about ONLY being on your computer or on your internet connection which means you’ll never miss a beat and learn no matter where you are!
- PDF workbooks for every class so you get to take notes, follow along, and take Ultimate action to ensure you’ll get your skills to grow
- New classes added every month so you don’t get bored or feel like you’re missing out on anything which means you’ll always want to learn more even if it’s just as a hobby
- Watch on desktop, tv, or phone so you’ll have the flexibility and ease of consuming content on the go which means you’ll never fall behind and have an excuse.
- Low community engagement
- No interaction with teachers/instructors
Masterclass vs Skillshare Reddit
Final Thoughts(And Your Next Step)
Which of the two education programs was your favorite? And what did you like most about it?
Through these unprecedented times of being stuck at home, unsure if there will be work tomorrow, combined with the tenacity to want better for yourself, right now is the Best time to take advantage of learning a new skill and pursuing what YOU want for yourself…
And with the help of either Skillshare or Masterclass you will get there, but let me remind you of the differences.
Skillshare is an open-source platform taught by someone with good skills or professionals with a specific skill in their field and lean towards hobbies, passions, and or interests. It’s kind of like YouTube.
On the other hand, Masterclass is very similar to Skillshare with the hobbies, passions, and interests part but it’s taught by World experts in their field, so the quality of content is amazing.
Either one is great, just depends on your goals, if you’re trying to start a career in digital marketing and working from home, something like Skillshare would be a good beginning start, and then over time you can move into Masterclass…
And if you want to use Skillshare while also learning my #1 recommended way of making money online, you can click here to find out how.
But if you’re ready to dive into Skillshare or Masterclass click the buttons below accordingly.