How would you like to have a web hosting platform created for easy website management?
Is Siteground a scam and is it really trust by owners of 2,000,000 domains?
I’ll cut right to the chase, Siteground IS Not a scam. Phew, right? But wait, we still haven’t answered the better question…
Is Siteground right for you? With so many hosting options to power your WordPress website I can understand how overwhelmed you must feel, I “Michael” was once there too...
Trying to figure out what was going to give the most flexibility, bandwidth, security, and of course the price, until I finally was able to find the ONE for my first ever website in the health and wellness space- so here’s the deal I have for you…
If you can give me your undivided attention for the next 5-10 minutes, I will show you all there is to know about Siteground, the pros and cons, alternatives, and ALL you must know t finally be able to create the WordPress blog of your dreams, so you can have more freedom, time, and live life on your own terms without a boss or location!
Let’s get started, shall we?
What Is Siteground?
Siteground is a web hosting company that was founded in Sofia, Bulgaria, and provides shared hosting, cloud hosting, enterprise solutions as well as email hosting, and domain registration to over 2,000,000+ domains worldwide.
Let’s go deeper inside
Going Inside Siteground
Here’s what you’ll see on the home page:
Immediately you can see the 4 types of hosting and they are:
- Web Hosting
- WordPress Hosting
- WooCommece Hosting
- Cloud Hosting
Let’s break down each one of these individually starting with Web Hosting
And here’s what you’ll get towards the bottom of this page:
- Quick Website Building
- If you’re unsure where to start, you can start with a full website solution including your choice of site builder: Weebly or WordPress
- Smooth Website Transfer
- Solutions For Ecommerce
- Optimized for CMS Applications
Here you can learn more about each individually by clicking on the “Learn More” button, so here’s an example for “Website Building”
You can do the same for the others and find out more. And here are the benefits of Siteground’s web hosting:
- ULTRA Fast Sites
- Top-Notch Security
- Managed WordPress
- Easy Site Management
- Domain Management
- Reliable Email Service
And like earlier, you can learn more about these by clicking on the “blue” Find out more link and you’ll get a pop-up, for example on Ultra-Fast Sites:
Let’s look at the Managed WordPress Hosting section now.
Managed WordPress Hosting
You will get full-service WordPress Hosting for all types of sites:
Here are some awesome tools for WordPress Webmasters:
- FREE SSL Certificates
- Daily Backups
- Email Service
- Staging Tool
- Dev Toolkit
- Collaboration Tools
This will be the EASIEST store launch you’ll ever have experience with:
- WooCommerce Pre-Installed
- Sell Any Product Or Service
- Accept Payment out-of-the-box
- Configurable shipping options
- Easily Manage your orders
- Extend Your Store Functionalities
And each area you can learn more, for example With WooCommerce Pre-Installed:
With Woocomerce you’ll get top site security and availability for better conversions
- FREE Pre-installed SSL
- Managed Updates
- Daily Backups
- AI anti-bot system
- Safe staging tool
- Custom WAF
By hosting on the cloud you’ll be getting:
- Guaranteed Resources
- Fully Managed Service
- Easy Scaling For Growing Businesses
- Easy Management of Sub-accounts
And if I click on one to Learn More like “Guaranteed Resources”, here’s what you’ll see:
You’ll get powerful tools for webmasters like:
- SSH and SFTP
- Dedicated IP
- FREE CDN
- FREE SSL
- Daily Backups
- Collaboration Tools
With the cloud-based side, you’ll always get priority first with the most experienced chat agents possible so you don’t have to feel stuck
Siteground has like one of the most superior support teams in the web hosting space, and here's more evidence of that:
Siteground Reviews(What Other People Are Saying)
Here's some according to Trustpilot:
How Much Does Siteground Cost?
Siteground has 3 hosting options:
- Startup at $6.99/mo
- Grow Big at $9.99/mo
- GoGeek at $14.99/mo
And you’ll also see prices for WordPress Hosting, WooCommerce Hosting, and Cloud Hosting with the same prices, so let’s break these down:
For WordPress Hosting:
For WooCommerce Hosting:
For Cloud Hosting
Who Is Siteground For?
Siteground was made for people who want to easily manage their website and at the same time have fast and secure hosting for small and medium sites. Here’s more:
- For beginners who want a full solution including your choice of site builder, premium features, and the support you need to launch your site
- For bloggers who want the best-Managed WordPress sites who also want automated migrations, automatic updates, advanced caching, and expert WordPress support
- Agency owners who want a set of tools to easily manage their clients, collaborate on sites and transfer ownership of newly built sites to clients
- Online store enthusiasts who want to boos their online store with optimized WoCommerce solutions
- For intermediates and experts who want a very reliable web host at a great price and don’t want any down time on their site
- Affiliate Marketers
- Course Creators
- Network Marketers
- And so much more!
Who’s Siteground Not for?
- People who don’t need a website
- People who don’t want to spend any money
- Tire kickers
Pros And Cons
- Officially recommended by WordPress.org so you can have peace of mind and trust at the end of the day knowing the most popular, community-driven site building software worldwide really trusts them and what they’re doing which means you’ll be very well taken care of.
- Fast and secure web hosting for small and medium sites so you don’t have to wait around for any kind of lag time or feel like your site is slow that it won’t rank on Google well which means you’ll become extremely focused on your project(s) and putting in your best work.
- WooCommere hosting so you can have a well-optimized store if you’d like to which means you’ll get to showcase your products in a luxurious way to your audience unlike anywhere else.
- Collaboration tools so you can easily manage your client's websites, collaborate on sites, and transfer newly built sites to clients which means you’ll be loved by your clients and have more energy to help them out.
- Google Cloud storage so as your site grows so will the performance of it which means you will get people hanging out at your site for much longer and crushing your competition in the search engines!
- Managed WordPress solution with automatic migrations, automatic updates, advanced caching, and expert WordPress support so you can be hands off which means you won’t have to waste your time updating your site and updating things you don’t feel comfortable messing with.
- Limited Resources. Siteground is really amazing but they have a shared hosting that is limited so you’ll only get a certain amount of SSD space for your chosen plan. And if you require more resources you’ll have no choice but to upgrade to the higher plans with more Gigabite storage.
- Higher renewal prices. Sure, as a new user you can enjoy a like 53% off but once your subscription ends, the price can jump from like $14.99 to $39..99 per month. This can offend some people
There are plenty of competing web hosting services so I’ll just show you the better ones:
- WPX Engine
- Wealthy Affiliate
I host some of my sites on the Wealthy Affiliate hosting servers because they are state of the art, as well have training for how to make money with blogging through affiliate marketing.
and here's whey they stack up:
What I Liked Most About Siteground
I’m eager to share with you more than one thing, so I made a list for you:
- You get fast and secure web hosting for small and medium sites
- You can easily manage your WordPress sites
- Comes with WooCommerce hosting for stores
- Cloud hosting for high-performance sites
- Collaboration tools for easily managing clients websites
- Ultra-fast network
- Fully-managed service
- Security-first mindset
- Trusted by clients and industry experts alike
What I Liked Least
- Shared hosting options are limited so you only get a limited amount of SSD space for the plan you signed up for such as 10GB for StartUp Plan
- 20GB for GrowBig Plan
- 30GB for GoGeek Plan
And if you need more resources, you’re required to upgrade.
- Higher price for renewal. You may get around 53% off the price tag as a new member but once your subscription ends, you have to pay more from like $14.99 to $39.99 per month to renew your contract which usually offends people.
Final Verdict: Is Siteground A REAL Scam?
Siteground is not a scam. They are one of the best web hosting providers for many small and medium-sized websites while at the same time giving you a ton of flexibility to grow your business in many areas like eCommerce and blogging to name a few.
You can rest assured you’re getting a security-first driven hosting provider with the capabilities of delivering you so many resources and support so you’ll never feel like you have to waste time trying to figure things out on your own or not be able to power your website fully.
And if it means anything to you, I’ve been with loads of web hosting providers and Siteground is definitely the one I’ve recommend like 9 times out 10 to beginners and people already with a web experience.
If Siteground sounds like the right fit for you, get started by clicking the button below.