Do you want the freedom to create, design, manage, and develop your web presence EXACTLY the way YOU want it?
Is Wix A Scam OR The Leader In Website Creation and the best way to build a website for FREE?
I’m going to cut right to the chase and give you the answer you came here looking for, WIX Is Not a scam. Wix is a legitimate Website builder creation platform where you can create a professional online web presence and has over 180 million users in 90 countries, empowering everyone to express themselves through an online presence.
But the real question is this...IS WIX Right For YOU?
With TONS of website builders out in the market place I know how you must feel - overwhelmed and unsure what to expect and if your needs will Fully be met, so I “Michael Granados” put this masterpiece of a post together for you to show you what not only Wix is all about but other alternatives that are going to blow your mind...And yes, They are better!
Before we get going though, if you just want to skip out on the rest, you can go ahead and get your FREE Trial with Wix by clicking here.
Alright, let’s get started.
What Is Wix?
WIX Is “the leader” in website creation where you’re given the power and control to create your own professional web presence - exactly the way YOU want.
With the powerful technology, you can have a stunning, professional, and exciting web presence that will be memorable to both you and your visitors.
Going Inside Wix
3 Founders Avishai Abrahami, Nadav Abrahami, and Giora Kaplan came up with the idea on a beach while they were constructing a website to be the basis of another start-up idea…
The tech-savvy trio quickly discovered that creating their own website was:
- And very costly
It truly was this suffering and agonizing experience that led them to their light bulb moment(their epiphany)...
Why not build a platform that empowered ANYONE to create their own website with no coding or design skills needed?
BOOM! In 2006 guess who was born? WIX.
Since then Wix has gone on to be the leader in website creation and they are committed to:
- Proving you with the latest features and capabilities…
To enable anyone to create an amazing online presence.
Wix Features And Benefits(4 Main Features)
Wix has 4 main features and they are:
- Wix Editor
- Wix ADI
- Corvid by Wix
- Manage Your Business
- Promote Your Website
Let’s start with breaking down Wix Editor:
You can start from scratch OR choose from over 500-designer made templates with the world’s most innovative drag and drop website builder so you can design ANY website you want and much faster too which means you will be able to move onto more important parts of your business
- Stunning Templates
- Total Design Freedom
- Industry-Leading SEO
- App Market
- Advanced Design Features
- Unlimited Fonts
- Scroll Effects
- Media Galleries
Want to get your website running online in less than a second?
Wix’s super powerful and intelligent ADI component makes it easier than ever for you to have your website up and running by just answering a few simple short questions!
- Tailor-Made Content
- Original Design
- Mobile Friendly
- Smart Tips
- Customize Color and Fonts
- SEO Friendly
Corvid By Wix
What is Corvid and how can use advanced web applications?
Corvid is basically an open development platform for building advanced web applications...you can get serverless computing, hassle-free coding, and total design freedom to:
- Manage and
- Deploy your next web project
- Rapid Visual Front-Edge Design
- Unified Database Management
- IDE and DevOps
- Production-Grade Runtime
- Open Platform
- Business and Marketing Tools
Mange And Grow Your Business Online(With Wix Stores)
No matter if you’re designer, yoga instructor, musician or chef - you’ll be able to manage your website ALL from one palace, and with Wix’s storefront you can build out:
- A Beautiful Storefront to display all your digital or physical goods
- Store Manager, so you can track all orders and manage your inventory from either your desktop or mobile...even tablet!
- Product pages so you don’t have to worry about showcasing your product and in-stock inventory with a beautiful layout which means people will stick to you more and your brand.
- Multiple payment methods so you will be able to accept credit cards, PayPal, offline payments and so much more because of this meaning it is commission FREE!
- Give out coupons and discounts so you can BOOST your sales by offering seasonal discounts and free shipping on orders.
- Worldwide shipping and tax so you can set customized tax and shipping rules for each destination which means you won’t get confused about how you’re money is set up - you’ll be taken care of.
5+ Wix Website Examples
For Wix Bookings:
For Wix Blog:
For Wix Music:
For Wix Photography:
For Wix Video:
For Wix Events
For Wix Restaurants
5+ Tools That’ll Promote Your Website
- Personalized SEO Plan
- SEO Analytics
- Beautiful Email Marketing
- Visitor Analytics
- Social Tools
- Get Subscribers
Wix Website Templates
On this page you can quickly pick a template or a theme(the look of your website) and start creating, here are some examples:
This is just the first page, you can see 66+ more pages worth of templates by clicking on the buttons or the arrows at the bottom of the page:
You can see how there’s a template for everyone:
- Success Coaches
- Trading Consultant
- Disaster Relief Organization
- Construction Company
- Photography Studio
- Fitness Facility
- Pumpkin Patch
- Food photographer
- Climate Changing Conference
- The Consultant
- Modeling Agency
- And so much more!
You’ll never run out of ideas for your next website or come up with the RIGHT template for your needs! And if you want to preview one, you can hover over one like let’s say “Success Coach” and press “View” you’ll get this:
And you can watch a demo by clicking on the demo link to get this:
OR you can click on “Edit” too if you already have an account and or you can be taken to create an account too.
Wix has a very helpful site support center with all the knowledge at your fingertips so you can:
- Ask Questions
- Browse Articles
- Find Answers
Although Wix does not have a live chat support team, you get enough support to ensure you can solve your problem(s) at all times.
What Other People Are Saying About Wix...
Here's some from Trustpilot to start:
Here's what famous SEO specialist Neil Patel has to say about WordPress vs Wix vs Squarespace...
How Much Does Wix Cost?
You have a couple of options to choose from like “Website Plans” which is great if all you need is showcasing a professional-looking website and then you have “Business and eCommerce Plans” which are essential for accepting online payments…
And I’ll start with Website plans:
- VIP(First priority Support) = $39/month
- Pro(Complete Online Branding) = $23/month
- Unlimited(Entrepreneurs and Freelancers) = $18/month
- Combo(for personal use) = $14/Month
For Business and eCommerce Plans:
- Enterprise(Tailored Solution) = Custom pricing
- Business VIP(Get the full suite) = $49/month
- Business Unlimited(Grow Your Business) = $27/month
- Business Basic(Accept Online payments) = $23/month
I started with the “Website Plans” Combo plan but quickly found out I was going to need an upgrade to the Unlimited Entrepreneurs and Freelancers plan as a digital marketer who needs more storage space, Video hours, the extra apps so I can be more hands-off with my business and of course the analytics!
(Box for alternative website hosting platform with an incentive to sell other people’s products and services)
When you’re ready to create a Wix account, here’s how to do it in a couple of simple steps:
STEP 1: Click the “Get Started” blue button on the home page
On the next page, you’ll see the “create an account/sign-in” page
I’ll go through the process of creating a dummy account to show you how it works, so put in your information first.
Then you’ll see the page above where you can answer a few questions to help Wix get to know you better so they can make you a customized plan and website…
This answer will depend on what you intend and who you intend to use the site for, click whichever matches your needs…
Now, this next one asks me if I will want to let clients schedule an appointment with me, yours might look different depending on the questions you answered:
And then you finally come to the end where you’re given two options:
- Let Wix ADI create a website for you
- Create your own stunning website in the Wix editor
If you want to be done with it than you can just choose a template like from the ones I revealed earlier in the post, but Let’s try out the NEW Wix ADI for fun.
Choose what you need on your new website most. When I first got started with Wix, the most important thing for me was starting a blog(link) and you’ll hear me touch on that a little bit more later on as to if it’s best to use with Wix. but that’s what I will select with a few more or all the options.
Next, you’ll be asked to name your business
Mine is called “Work From Home Hero”, which by the way if you haven’t realized yet - I work from home full-time running an online business…
And I started a website blog in the health and wellness space for a lower back pain site with Wix way back in the days and I have the freedom to work from anywhere and whenever I WANT to, and if that’s something you’re interested in modeling…
I highly recommend you check out my #1 recommendation here.
Anyways, after you have your name for your specific niche, click “next” at the bottom and you’ll then see this page:
If you have an existing website, you can import your content, but if not no worries, click on “Skip” at the bottom right there.
I won’t be migrating my websites back to Wix so I will skip it.
Now review and edit your information then click next and you’ll get to pick a theme:
You can hover over each one and see the details. Don’t worry too much if you’re unsure, pick one now and you can change it later.
Now you can choose your favorite homepage design. Then add pages to your site:
You can select multiples ones and when you’re ready click on the blue “edit site” button at the top right of the screen(as shown in the image above).
BOOM! There’s the site. The rest is just creating the content, designing, and making any necessary adjustments you need.
This was the long way of creating a Wix Website with the ADI feature but it’s better because you don’t have to come back to it later or you don’t have to make the mistake of having a site that doesn’t match your EXACT Needs…
But if you want to keep it simple, by all means, be my guest to skip it all. How about your back office?
Wix Back Office
Once you log in to your account you’ll be taken to your Wix back office that looks something like this:
From here you can go through:
- Store Products
- Store Orders
- Booking Services
- Booking Calendar
This will look different for you depending on what you selected if any.
In case you hadn't noticed, I’m a full-time blogger who makes over 4+ figures per month and want to know how?
I do it by selling other people’s products and services in exchange for a commission. Yep, that’s right, I don’t have to own a product or fulfill on customer support OR deal with anything “techy” and didn’t need experience doing it…
OH! I didn’t have to “sell” like you think a traditional salesperson might. This is called Affiliate Marketing. Affiliate Marketing is where you can promote other people’s products and services or your own through:
And these places will give you what’s called an “Affiliate Link” which is a special link assigned to you where when someone clicks it and people purchase a product/service, you get the commission. Online retailers like Amazon do this with their Amazon Associates program(which I wrote a review for here).
In a nutshell, that’s how I’ve been able to free up more time, earn the income I WANT to(there’s no cap or boss), and finally have been able to free myself from being stuck in this new economy we both live in.
Here’s another demo with a video:
Does Wix Host Websites?
Wix does providing its own web hosting as well as domain names both free and paid.
Why host your site on Wix? For 3 reasons:
- Advanced Security Monitoring so you can have all the date on your site secure and compliant with the highest international standards which means you'll never have to worry about someone hacking your site.
- Automatic Setup so you can get your site automatically set up once you've published your website which means you don't have to install anything!
- 99.9% Uptime so you can enjoy enterprise-grade reliability so your website is always up and running on Wix's secure and stable networks which means you'll have more focus and energy to put it in the things that matter most to you.
- World-Class Free Hosting
- Scale Your Hosting As Your Business Grows Too
- Wix protected and reliable hosting
- Secure Website
Here's what most people will commonly ask about for Wix's hosting:
Who Is Wix For?
- For beginners, intermediates, and experts who want full control over building a professional web presence faster and more effectively so you can attract the right type of people and build a brand not only your people will fall in love with but one you will be extremely proud and happy with.
- Restaurant owner
- Yoga Instructor
- And so much more!
Pros And Cons
- Freedom to design your own high-quality websites so you can promote your business, showcase your work, open a store, or start a blog you can do it all within the Wix website builder which means you’ll never get bored of creating and adding new things to your site
- Wix Editor gives you total freedom to design your website the way you want so you can have a unique brand you and people will love which means you’ll have your audience raving about you and sharing it with other people for referrals!
- Wix ADI so you can instantly build a personalized website in a matter of minutes which means you don’t have to take forever sitting there getting a headache figuring out what to add next.
- Corvid by Wix Open Dev Platform so you can build professional web applications without having to worry about coding which means you’ll be able to manage ALL your content from integrated databases giving you the freedom to make it the way you like
- 1,000’s of templates to choose from so you can have the right one for your type of business(yoga, consultant, coach, etc) which means you will have the appropriate layout without having to figure out what menus and buttons to add
- Wix logo maker so you can design a professional logo in seconds which means your brand will pop out more than your competition, making you more memorable
- SEO Blogging search engine appearance takes forever to index your URL - theirs been a bug going around where many people can’t index their blog URL with Google search engine which sucks because your blog won’t appear in Google. This is getting handled but even if is, do you want it to happen again?
- Not enough or any plugins for a marketer - if you’re someone trying to focus on marketing and NOT just design(which Wix does a lot of), then you’re going to miss out on plugins like ones that speed up your website, reduce image sizes, add a table of contents, better contact forms you can connect with third party plugins and so much more that I believe is a good thing to have
- Wix editor gets buggy where you try to reverse something you edited and it won’t go back - this can be a problem because you’ll end up redoing the same thing again and if it was a big thing, good luck.
- Wix’s back-office dashboard has an okay layout but it can be difficult to find all the places you need to navigate to.
Luckily for you(if you want a better alternative) there are other website builders you should consider and they are:
Out of all, my favorite is WordPress because unlike Wix or Squarespace you can choose from 100,000’s of plugins to customize your site for greater marketing purposes, Google loves WordPress websites so you can have an easier time ranking your website/blog…
It’s open-source so you can bring people in to help edit, design or whatever it is you need. So if you have like an agency helping you or like a consultant, they can have access to your admin account and help you out easily…
Plus most of the Digital Entrepreneurs, marketers, eCommerce, and just about everyone uses WordPress. Unless you’re just heavy on design and want a stand along with the website, then maybe Wix works.
Want A FREE WordPress Website With FREE Training on how to promote other people's products? Click here to see!
What I Liked Most About Wix
There were so many things I liked about Wix I wouldn’t know where to start so I’ll just list them for you:
- Super Fast Wix ADI builds you a personalized website in less time with personalized questions to meet your needs.
- Corvid by WIX so you can build amazing and professional web applications with serverless computing and hassle FREE coding.
- Wix editor gives you complete design freedom - you can start from scratch or choose from over 500 designer-made templates to make your website with the worlds most innovative drag and drop website builder, you will be able to customize and change anything!
- Optimize your blog for search engines
- Edit in mobile view
What I Didn't Like About Wix:
- Their SEO for a blog takes forever to index in the search engines - there’s been some type of bug going around where you try to index your URL with google search console but it doesn’t appear on the Google search results. This is something that can be fixed but I wouldn’t rely on Wix for SEO
- No necessary plugins to make your site load faster, reduce image file sizes, and marketing integrations for the “Marketer”. That’s why I prefer WordPress, it gives you more flexibility and I like their Free templates better.
- Buggy Wix editor - sometimes you’ll try to reverse an edit you made and it won’t, super frustrating.
- Confusing back-office dashboard - there is so much going on at times you don’t know where to find things
- Weird A/B split testing setup - you have to go through a series of steps to set up what’s called a “release manager” and split test without having the best data to go off, and if you’re a marketer with a blog and other things you’d like to track, then it could be hard to manage
Final Verdict: Is Wix A REAL Scam?
Definitely not! Wix is a legitimate website builder where you can create a professional appealing website for your visitors to fall in love with and keep coming back to see what’s new.
With Wix, you’ll have an excelling platform that’ll allow you to have the freedom to create, design, manage, and develop your web presence EXACTLY the way you want…
With advanced customization features, mobile views, a personalized blog SEO(link) plan all in less time so you save yourself the energy, money, effort all together at once!
If you feel like Wix is the right choice for you then click here but if you would rather check out my #1 recommendation where you will save yourself money with hosting included and you get an abundance of resources to grow your WordPress website, click the button below.